15 Apr City of Chicago COVID-19 Response: Resources for Faith and Community Organizations
Faith and Community Leaders-
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our briefing today about Chicago’s strides to flatten the curve and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a follow-up, we are passing along a number of resources which you can find here. The shared folder includes:
- The presentation slides Dr. Arwady referenced in today’s press conference which explain new data showing Chicago is starting to flatten the curve
- A script translated into multiple languages to help volunteers conduct well-being checks for at-risk individuals
- A toolkit for creating digital town halls to spread helpful information about prevention strategies and resources (there are two toolkits: one targeted for the faithcommunity and one for the general community)
We need your help to continue Chicago’s momentum on reducing the numbers of new COVID-19 cases.
- Organize a digital town hall for your constituents. The faith and community toolkits include a sample deck, script, and technical guide to help you facilitate information and resource sharing with Chicagoans in your orbit.
- Conduct well-being checks. Work with your staff to identify at-risk individuals (people over the age of 60 or people with chronic conditions that affect their immune system). Use the well-being scripts to check in on these folks regularly.
Let us know how we can support you during these difficult times. Be sure to check chicago.gov/coronavirus
for up-to-date information and resources. Thanks again for all that you do.