29 Nov 100BMC – Western Suburb Mentoring Program – September 26th Session Summary
Greetings to all,
The following summarizes our 100 Black Men of Chicago, Inc.’s (100BMC) Western Suburb Mentoring Program’s Saturday, September 19th, session.
- Saturday’s meeting was facilitated by Members of our Student Ambassador Team (Briana, Breanna). The session consisted of a variety of ice-breaker activities, fun exercises, and discussion which enabled students, both new and returning, to learn about one another.
- High school Junior and Senior students submitted copies of their Personal Statement (explaining what makes them unique) their Resume in preparation for the 100BMC’s October 10th College Scholarship Fair.
Attached are documents which students/parents are either required to complete and turn in, or retain for reference.
- Mentoring Program Pre-Assessment (If you have not done so, please complete the form, scan and email to me, or turn in upon arrival at our next meeting).
- Mentoring Program Overview.
- Mentoring Program 2015-16 Curriculum Calendar – Segment #1.
- 100BMC – 2015 College Scholarship Fair – flyer
Note: All meetings are held at the Quad County Urban League / Dunham Education & Training Center, 1685 N. Farnsworth Ave., Aurora 60505.
- October 3rd – College Scholarship Fair – Workshop (Junior and Senior students will work on Personal Statements and Resumes).
- October 3rd – All non Senior and Junior students are to come prepared with a Current Event news item to share and report on.
- October 10th – College Scholarship Fair, University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC) Pavilion, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (No Session!)
- October 17th – Branding (Presentation / Exercises pertaining to understanding and developing a Brand. You are your own Brand!)
Questions pertaining to the content of this communique may be directed to my attention by either responding to this email, or at (630) 803-1264. We look forward to seeing you Saturday.
Al Demming, 100BMC
VP of Youth Services
Site Leader – Western Suburb Mentoring Program