13 Jan 100BMC – Western Suburb Mentoring Program – Jan 9th Session Summary
Happy New Year!
Attached is a summary of the 100 Black Men of Chicago, Inc.’s (100BMC) Western Suburb Mentoring Program’s Saturday, January 9th, 2016 session.
Our appreciation is extended to the following individual(s):
- Mr. Alwyn Francis for his preparation, and for facilitating Saturday’s session.
- Ms. Karen Spence for our session photos.
Additional attached documents:
- S.M.A.R.T. Goal Worksheet;
- 2nd Semester Curriculum Calendar;
- Session Photos.
- January 16th – The Art of Listening;
- January 23rd – The Art of Public Speaking;
- January 30th – The Art of Debating.
- Seats are still available – The 100 Black Men of Chicago, Inc. (100BMC) is formulating an ACT Test Preparation Course, through Revolution Prep, to prepare students for the April 2016 national test. The Course which normally sells for $750.00, is being offered by the 100BMC for only $245.00; a savings of over 200%. A $100.00 deposit is required to reserve a seat, and must be received no later than Wednesday, December 30th. Questions may be directed to my attention.
- Dollars & $ense one of two (2) competitions; enabling students to represent the 100BMC and compete against 100 Chapters, from across our nation, at our Annual Conference. Students, with an adviser, will work to resolve a case study; offering a viable resolution utilizing financial tools and strategies. All interested should notify me asap.
- Know your African American History the second of two (2) competitions; enabling students to compete against 100 Chapters, from across our nation, at our Annual Conference. Students with an adviser will prepare to answer a series of questions pertaining to African American Scholars, Inventors, Freedom Fighters, etc. utilizing a battery of resource material. Interested students should notify me asap.
Questions pertaining to our Mentoring Program and/or the content of this communique may be directed to my attention. On behalf of our Mentoring Team, we’re wishing you and yours all the best throughout 2016. We look forward to seeing you Saturday.
Al Demming, 100BMC
VP of Youth Services
Site Leader – Western Suburb Mentoring Program(630) 803-1264